Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Malls

I enter only need one thing, as I’m sure many do, but I am swept up with the crowd. The people, they are everywhere, coming from all directions. This place is a mad house. I yearn for the reason why I came. The blinding lights entice us drawing us in. The shiny and the soft. We do not really need them. Many live without them, but the lights and signs, they tell us, we need them to survive. Just a few short moments ago, or was it longer? When I first walked this hall, my wrists and neck were bare, my shoes all tattered and torn. I never where much make up, I’ve never really cared. I see them all around me, the people who rush about. They believe the signs and the flickering lights, and the lies they strive to tell. You need this hat, this bag, this song. We need them to really LIVE. The wallet in my bag grows light as my hands begin to fill. I know I will regret it later, but still I battle on. If only I could find an exit, a way for me to escape. But the door all lead only farther in. There is but one way out.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So um. yea. I went to the mall today. The only thing I bought were new sneakers though. I'm not one for shopping. Never have been. But I can up with the idea for a short about the mall. so there it is. Hope you like it. I might start posting more thought out written stuff on here, besides just the normal whatever-it-is-I-do-Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment