Saturday, November 17, 2012

Home again

So I am back home for the week for Thanksgiving break now, and I've had a pretty good day so I'm gonna blog about it.  YEAAAA
Since today was a Friday, like all Fridays this quarter I didn't have any class, just work. So when I woke up I packed for break. And by packed I mean took my hamper of dirty clothes and put it in my car with my toothbrush, guitar, and basketball.
I work as a lab ta at my school and the friday morning shift is usually pretty slow, today was no real exception until the end of my sift until a friend of mine came in to hang out and talk for a little while, and then my friend Zach who has the shift after me came in and we were all talking and listening to music, so when my shift got over I stayed a little longer.
And then Zach's brother came and was gonna rent out the fog machines.
Oh yea, I work in the film department and we have fog machines as equipment we can rent out.
So we started fogging up the lab and set up some lights to play around with lighting systems in fog. Twas great fun. We took some pictures and some videos, listened to lots of great music. I ended up staying a lot later then expected, but it was worth it.
Since my car had already been packed it was time to hit the road. Fall has finally hit and the grey skies and fog I love so much kept me company as I headed off the hill my school is on and made my way home. I hit some traffic so my drive took me longer than usual but I didn't mind. The 2 + hour drive between my school and my house is actually really pretty no matter what the weather I love driving it.
I love the rain, and it was so beautiful as I was driving down the roads through the hills and vineyards and fields. The sun set pretty early especially with all the clouds making it darker, but I've always enjoyed driving at night. Something about it just makes me really happy. 'Specially when I have some nice tunes playing.
I arrived home safe, happy, and relaxed, ready to start my week break.
and then of course getting love-attacked from my dogs the moment I stepped in the door is a great way to end my trip home.
It's gonna be a good one I can tell.

It's also been a week since I decided to blacklist tumblr for a while. feels good man. feels good.
song of the day: 'Home' by Mumford and Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment