Saturday, April 17, 2010

Escaping Fish

I was going to try and keep this blog thing all organized and neat and only post when i had something thought out and well written. Well guess what? that's not gonna happen.

So today I have a weird amount of free time. I never have free time. Ever. I always have something to do, and I'm sure there is something thing i should be doing but I'm not. I can't really think of it, so i take that as an I don't have to do it. When i got home today, i watched Doctor Who, which of course was amazing. Then i was on YouTube for a while, I'm always on YouTube. But it was just not feeling right. That's weird. I felt like just listening to music and doing something crafty, I haven't had much time for that lately. So i dug around my closet for my erector set. If you don't know, that's one of those kits you can build stuff with and then take it apart, then build something else. But as I was getting it, I stopped, noticing my super-awesome 300 page Harry Potter colouring book. That's what I'll do, i thought, replacing my erector set.

I laid on my bed, my ipod in my ears, armed with crayons, I turned to an uncolored page. Hit play, and everything was good. For a while. But my brain, it just nagged, there must be something else i should be doing. I thought about this blog, or the book I'm writing, or the other book I'm writing, or the fact that I'd told myself I needed to write more poetry. I felt like writing, i just couldn't think of anything to write about. Its as if my brain had just shut off. but just sitting there colouring, it just wasn't relaxing like it normally was. I sifted threw the songs on my ipod. Over a thousand songs, I just cant think of one i want to listen to. OK, that is odd. I love music, allot, I never don't want to listen to it. So I stopped, again, this time trading my stix of colored wax, music, and completely awesome Harry Potter coloring book, for my guitar.

I play a few songs. I need o learn some new ones, But i cant think of one i want to learn right now. Well i can, but there is no chords for it, and i cant play by ear. Darn. I try to write a new song, but again, no words seem to come from my head. No good ones anyway. I know i should be vlogging, over on YouTube, its April, but I feel so apathetic. So lazy. And that's how I got here. I sat here staring at my screen. I don't know how much time has pasted, its all a little crazy. And suddenly, this happened. Its not thought out, its not even done well, but i cant seem to do anything else.

What is it with our generation and our desire to share everything with the entire world? It amazes me sometimes. Oh Internet, how wonderful you are.






Quote of the day: 'May i check your water? we have an escaped fish' -The Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment